Be Kind To Your Mind, Body, & Soul
Updated: Jul 29, 2019
8 Pillars for living a faithfully nutritious life! Think of them as little love notes to your mind, body, and soul.
8 Pillars for living a faithfully nutritious life
1. Give your body GRACE…this amazing body of ours does so many things for us each and every day and yet we put it through so much judgment, caparison, & shame. Let us rather celebrate our individual bodies by honoring it with compassion and grace.
2. DRINK Up…when you are properly hydrated your metabolism is at its max, you think more clearly, you don’t mistake hunger for thirst, and you feel more energized.
3. Eat EMPOWERED…feel empowered putting the most nutrient rich foods in your body. Instead of thinking “I shouldn't have that desert", Think, “I can have some fruit!” When you focus on how good you feel fueling yourself with the best food you will continue to be motivated to eat those foods.
4. LIVE COUNCIOUSLY (aka your environment) …the environment that surrounds us can impact our health, both mental & physical. Things such as a clutter-free zone, an organized desk space, vision board, or using glass containers to store your food can make a huge difference in lifestyle and mood.
5. NUTURE yourself…treating yourself to something special can have emotional & physical benefits. Simple small indulgences, like a walk, manicure, massage, or bubble bath can help you look & feel great. The time that you spend caring for yourself physically can reap huge mental & physical rewards.
6. SLEEP deep….When you are well rested you make better food & lifestyle choices, plus you have more energy for healthy habits like exercising, cooking, or gardening. When you lack sleep your defenses are down & you are more likely to overeat & make poor food choices.
7. STRESS less…stress increases the level of the hormone cortisol in our bodies, which in turn makes our bodies crave carbohydrates, specifically high sugar carbohydrates, & store fat around the mi-section. Make time in your day to unwind, meditate, & breathe.
8. Get MOVING…aside from burning calories exercise is important to release those “feel good” endorphins, which make you feel good & motivate you to eat well & live happy. Exercise has been linked to longer lifespan, reduced stress, lower risk of disease, stronger bones, & lower BMI.